Author Topic: New member  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Lmorales

« on: February 07, 2017, 12:14:48 PM »
just want to say hi to all shooters in this forum! I love guns with a passion!! Never really had any pistols( center fire that is) until last year. Been competing with rifles since 1994 and I had so much fun! But now I wanna do some pistol shooting for fun and maybe some local matches. Among the pistols I purchased I bought an SP-01 and a couple of cz83's. Now I'm thinking of a 75B. im sure I will learn a lot from all the knowledge here!

Leo

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:35:43 PM »
Great to have you here. Welcome to the forum.

Offline Lmorales

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:31:35 PM »
Thank you Leo! I see your a surfer too! When I was young I wished I knew how to surf but I never made an attempt to learn, I hear it is an exhilarating experience! I do ride sport bikes and that is very fun too!

Offline Lmorales

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:39 AM »
Oops sorry Leo! After taking a closer look I realized you're not surfing in your picture! Did not have my reading glasses on so I apologize for that. I wasn't trying to be funny at all. I will be more careful before I post. Sorry guys.

Offline frgood

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:03:57 PM »
Welcome from Central Florida. Looking forward to some fun times. If you enjoy competition, be sure to take a peek at Steel Challenge and/or USPSA. I find both to be a lot of fun and quite challenging.

Leo

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
Oops sorry Leo! After taking a closer look I realized you're not surfing in your picture! Did not have my reading glasses on so I apologize for that. I wasn't trying to be funny at all. I will be more careful before I post. Sorry guys.

Haha. No worries!  I did go to high school in Hawaii and know a bit about water sports.

Offline Lmorales

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »
Thanks Leo!  Frgood, a fellow shooter here in Los Angeles shoots bullseye regularly and asked me to try it so I may start with that. But really I like shooting steel ( rifle silhouette) so maybe eventually I will get to that too. Right now I'm eyeing a 97B and a 75 SA in the next couple of months. Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! You chose a couple of great guns.....The 97B is a sweet 45 and of course I think the SA is one of the best. Mine started out as a home defense pistol, but then became my competition pistol after the owner of this forum got me hooked. I started shooting Steel Challenge and then I was talked into trying USPSA and IDPA and I've been hopelessly addicted ever since.

Again, welcome to the forum!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Lmorales

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 07:00:56 PM »
Thank you Chfields! Highpower rifle silhouette is almost nonexistent in Southern California, seems not many people interested anymore . But I see a lot of interest in the pistol sports and just from watching the videos I think I would enjoy that! Of course I realize it would take a LOT of dedication and practice just like anything else. I'll start slow and see what happens!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
You better be careful, it is very addictive.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad