Author Topic: CZ's for CC?  (Read 9145 times)

Offline cyberfish2

CZ's for CC?
« on: February 04, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
I have two CZ's on my permit; a CZ-75D Compact 9mm, and a CZ-83 .380auto. I have Sticky Holsters for both, and appendix carry either one nearly year around. I like the accuracy, and less felt recoil of these non-polymer guns. I've dressed them both up with factory wood grips and Meprolite night sights, so they are right prudy. My PD/SD loads are Hornady. I also like the SA/DA trigger.
I just never carried my .45 when it was on my permit.
So, what are your thoughts on these for concealed carry? Anybody else carry these?
CZ-83, CZ-75D PCR compact, and finally, a Rami 2075 9mm for EDC.

Offline Guyfromohio

Re: CZ's for CC?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:09:33 AM »
I did carry my PCR for a long time and now carry a version of the P-01.  I also put the pretty wood grips on the PCR, but I'll tell you the aluminum grips that came from the custom shop on my P-01 make the gun more slim for carry.  My only complaint about the PCR was the unnecessary gap between slide stop and frame and the unnecessary protrusion on the opposite side with the take down "button".  I feel they could tighten that gap and bevel the frame for the button.  However, I took a few more advanced courses with that PCR and it did exceptionally well.  Kind of hushed the striker-only-or-yer-gonna-die mantra.

Offline emike

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:25:05 PM »
I carry a SP-01 Tactical.  I specifically chose the tactical for concealed carry.

Now all my CZs are decockers.  I want muscle memory and ndural pathways to
be set for one and only one setup, so I'll probably never use a safety.  My IDPA
gun is also a SP-01 Tactical.

Offline cyberfish2

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:01:45 AM »
I had planned to put a CZ RAMI 9mm on my permit, but I had one on order over 9 months, before I gave up. The Calif 10 round approved versions are nearly non existent.
Now, as of July 1, if the law stands as signed, it will be illegal to POSSESS magazines over 10 rounds here in Calif. SOO, we have to surrender our magazines.... many of us plan to box up all our old National Geographics, Readers Digests, etc, and send them to governor jerry brown the first week of July. Otherwise, non-compliance just criminalizes otherwise legal gun owners, if the law stands.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:45:07 PM »
I had planned to put a CZ RAMI 9mm on my permit, but I had one on order over 9 months, before I gave up. The Calif 10 round approved versions are nearly non existent.
Now, as of July 1, if the law stands as signed, it will be illegal to POSSESS magazines over 10 rounds here in Calif. SOO, we have to surrender our magazines.... many of us plan to box up all our old National Geographics, Readers Digests, etc, and send them to governor jerry brown the first week of July. Otherwise, non-compliance just criminalizes otherwise legal gun owners, if the law stands.
Connecticut at least allowed you to keep the magazines if you registered them.  I chose to give mine to friends/relatives in other states.  The last option should be to give them to the state for destruction.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 11:26:39 PM »
What will the new mag capiciuty be, 0?

As for CCW and CZs, I've carried a 97B, CZ40B, 75SA, STainless 75B.

PCR, P-01, and RAMI, RAMI P, but not all in the same day:)

Aslo a Cz83 and a nickeled CZ82 in 9mm MAK.

Those were fun days.

THe 82/83 was nearly as heavy as my RAMI P, but less power.

You are pretty well armed with 14-shots of hot .380 JHP these
days.
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline Chino Hills

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:30:15 PM »
Turner's Outdoorsman may have some RAMIs.  I say may because I've seen them have a disconnect between actual and on-line stock counts.  The day I found my .40 RAMI, I don't believe it showed on line, the store didn't have any PCRs which did show on line but they have multiple stores and warehouse, of course, but had a Compact that hadn't been on line for a while, either.  It might be that they don't show store display models on the on-line count?  When I was checking out something else the other day, they had some CZs on hand and mentioned a RAMI while checking a hard copy list.  A phone call couldn't hurt. 

I decided on the 97 B (sale price is good for a change but over tomorrow 2/9/2017?) while also considering the 75 B in .40 to, as mentioned above, keep the handling and muscle memory the same as my RAMI.  Don't have my permit yet but would certainly consider pretty much any of the compacts or RAMIs as well.  I do like the idea of not mixing decockers and manual safety models and not sure even mixing SAOs and the SA/DA models.  The more experience and practice one has, the less that may be an issue.

California, and I guess some other states as well, may be problematic.  The state approved list lists by model number so a pistol with the mags removed from the box is the same item but model number is wrong so it can't be shipped in.  OTOH, if limited to 10 round mag, there may be less incentive to go with a smaller caliber for a higher round count.  Not withstanding that in spite of ads/listings, I don't really think there are any 10 round 11754 mags for the .40 RAMI.  It will accept the 75 B mags, just they don't have the spacer, etc.

Offline Tom98915

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 11:42:32 PM »
I have my CZ52 on mine. It carries well since it is thin. I've had it for a few years, am quite used to it and use good ammo in it (Wolf JHP), so why not? My thinking is, I am used to its recoil, its flaws and shoot it well so that is why it is one of my carry pieces. It's a great no frills pistol and one of the only ones I have had that I can hit the target with consistently past 75 yards.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:50:28 PM by Tom98915 »
My teacher pointed to me and said " At the end of this ruler there's an idiot!"
I got into detention after asking WHICH end

Offline cyberfish2

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »
Tom, I'll take you're word for it. but I would need a really large target to hit it with a carry pistol at 75 yards.
Maybe, in my younger days, when my eyes were better...
I did read a legend about Buffalo Bill killing an opponent in a 75 yard shot, resting his BP revolver in the crook of his arm....
Anyway, we are under flood watch from all the rain we so desperately needed, and got, and are still getting, so it's a good day to take advantage of senior day at The Range. Maybe try out some of the rental guns.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:12:42 AM by cyberfish2 »

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 10:29:26 AM »
Tom, I'll take you're word for it. but I would need a really large target to hit it with a carry pistol at 75 yards.
Maybe, in my younger days, when my eyes were better...
I did read a legend about Buffalo Bill killing an opponent in a 75 yard shot, resting his BP revolver in the crook of his arm....
Anyway, we are under flood watch from all the rain we so desperately needed, and got, and are still getting, so it's a good day to take advantage of senior day at The Range. Maybe try out some of the rental guns.
Wild Bill Hickok did shoot an opponent with a Walker Colt at quite a distance.  Some reports confuse that he often carried a .36 cal. Navy Colt with the incident.

Offline Tom98915

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 01:54:04 AM »
Tom, I'll take you're word for it. but... ...

I can understand you skepticism. I have had this pistol for a number of years and am quite used to it, so I have a pretty good feel for how much I need to compensate for distance. Another thing with the CZ52 is that it is a very high velocity round (1700+ fps) which makes it a flat shooter and reach out a long way.

I'm sure you must have your favorite for the range that you shoot well without effort. Most of us do. My best shooters are my old Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle and my Ruger MKI .22 pistol. Love them both and if it ever becomes a SHTF deal, I know they will put food on the table and take care of other things if need be. The CZ makes sure I keep the .22's in that case.
My teacher pointed to me and said " At the end of this ruler there's an idiot!"
I got into detention after asking WHICH end

Offline cyberfish2

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 10:37:33 PM »
Tom, I'll take you're word for it. but... ...

I can understand you skepticism. I have had this pistol for a number of years and am quite used to it, so I have a pretty good feel for how much I need to compensate for distance. Another thing with the CZ52 is that it is a very high velocity round (1700+ fps) which makes it a flat shooter and reach out a long way.

I'm sure you must have your favorite for the range that you shoot well without effort. Most of us do. My best shooters are my old Remington Nylon 66 .22 rifle and my Ruger MKI .22 pistol. Love them both and if it ever becomes a SHTF deal, I know they will put food on the table and take care of other things if need be. The CZ makes sure I keep the .22's in that case.
My two favorite handguns for accuracy at the indoor range are my Sig 1911 .45, and the CZ-75D PCR 9mm. For reasons I don't quite understand, I get good groups, every time, with either of these guns. I have dry macular degeneration, not too bad, so far at 77, so I may not do too well out past 25 yards.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 11:35:10 AM »
My new RAMI BD:

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »
Happier than ever with my low-slung 12:00 IWB RAMI BD with 5 "Thick" Trigger (right click and choose Open Image in New Tab):
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81829.msg600234#msg600234
Deadly accurate, this little guy is the best-fitting (to my hand) firearm I've handled yet.
https://imageshack.com/i/pnwR8Fwfj

I hereby protest the czforum's new formatting that precludes sharing of czforum links!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 12:18:50 PM by PappaWheelie »
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline HOGNUT

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »

Protest ended?

Apologies for the inconvenience from the work the DB did earlier.  Everything should be corrected now.
J. Michael Bresson
Work:  President and Owner Music City Tactical Shooters
CFO, Sr. VP of IT & Media Relations and Team Coordinator of CZForum.com
Ranges:  Music City Tactical Shooters and Gallatin Gun Club
www.mctsclub.com
www.gallatingun.com