Author Topic: CZ 97  (Read 3924 times)

Offline mcrea

CZ 97
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:20:43 PM »
New to the CZ forum from VA, owner of a new CZ 97 B.

Offline jay-man

Re: CZ 97
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:25:27 PM »
Hello from Kentucky! My 97 BD is my favorite handgun. Someday I hope to send it to CGW for the serious upgrade package, it'll really be sweet then!

Offline frgood

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:44:07 AM »
Welcome from Florida!!!

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »
If you like your 97 as much as I like mine, you will be buying a reloading press next.

Offline hook

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »
Hello everyone I'm a newbie from Indiana looking for a very accurate automatic pistol. Looking real hard at the CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange and as you all know it is an eye catcher for sure. Any input would help. Do you guys talk about other models of guns on here.   

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:25:57 AM »
Welcome to our forum from Orlando!! The Orange is hard to beat, but then again, you can't really go wrong with any CZ.....We talk about any and all CZ's here! What are you going to be using the pistol for? Home defense, range, competition, etc.
I bought my CZ 75B SA for home defense and it ended up being my competition gun as well....I also have the Rami BD for carry....

Again, welcome to our forum!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:45:17 AM »
Hello everyone I'm a newbie from Indiana looking for a very accurate automatic pistol. Looking real hard at the CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange and as you all know it is an eye catcher for sure. Any input would help. Do you guys talk about other models of guns on here.
Hook,  You will find the 75 very accurate, it fills that requirement well.  There are lots of models with various barrel length, safety's, dust cover rails, etc.  You will end up with a gun that you can be happy with whichever you choose.

Offline hook

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 07:28:22 AM »
Thank you for the welcome. I want a hand gun that I know is well built and that is accurate whether I can shoot it accurate or not. That way I know it is me and not the gun. I'm sure with a little practice I will do fine. I like the looks of the gun and I haven't heard any negative about it other than a plastic trigger and the rear sight not having a wendage screw, if that is true. That's why I came here to get the facts about it. I want to use it for target shooting and I can use it for home defense if I have to

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 07:00:36 AM »
I do not believe the rear sight is adjustable, but you can always have one added. I have one on my SA, but it's because it's a competition pistol. Pretty much very CZ is more accurate than most shooters, so you can't go wrong with which ever one you choose.
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline hook

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 08:18:41 AM »
Thank you for the reply. That's the same way I feel about the CZ 75 TSO. What got me started was I wanted the most accurate hand gun to shoot. I got on the internet and looked it up. What I found was two guns, Sig P210 and I think the other was a Remington 928 not sure if this one is right? So I got on the Sig forum to see what they had to say about it. Of course it was all good. The only problem is they have more than doubled in there price and very, very hard to come by. They are making them here in the USA now but still not available yet. One day when I was on the Sig forum someone posted has anyone seen the CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange. He went on about how nice it was and looked and how accurate it was. Needless to say, it got my attention. I went straight to CZ web sight and found it and pretty much fell in love with it. When it comes to accuracy between the Sig P210 and the CZ 75 TS Orange in my opinion they are pretty darn close. Lets get one thing straight guys, I'm not here to start trouble or get things stirred up talking about other brands of guns. Both guns are close in price and when you put that much out for a hand gun you want to get your moneys worth. I think they both fill the bill. Just need some honest opinions. Like I said, I'm not here to start trouble and if I did I apologies now.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:47:02 AM »
Your fine..no problem talking about other guns, thats how I first got involved with this forum and CZ's. I can't speak to the SIG, I've never owned or shot one. I can say the TS Orange is an amazing shooting gun. The ergonomics of CZ's, as far as I'm concerned, flat out can't be beat. CZ is known for its accuracy, reliability and ergonomics. Bottom line, only you can decide which is best for you. If you can shoot them first, that would be ideal....I don't envy you your decision.
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline hook

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »
Thanks for the reply. It's looking like the CZ 75 TS Orange is going to be the winner. I just need some input from guys that own one. I have some questions for them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:26:33 PM by hook »