Author Topic: Hey, from new CZ owner  (Read 1807 times)

Offline jmartin67

Hey, from new CZ owner
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »
Ok, so I'm a long time Beretta fan. I've had 92FS's, 96A1, Model 418 in 25ACP as well as PX4 Storms.. I also love my old Colt 1911 manufactured in 1917 which still works flawlessly.. I have an old High Standard Olympic Citation 22 target pistol that I absolutely LOVE and is such a tack driver. As far as my favorite brand, it's always been Berretta.. I do prefer double/single action over striker fired handguns. Although i have had a Canik and do love to carry my Walther PPS during warmer weather. I don;t shoot competition, but am thinking about getting into it. I have my own range on my property and like to have friends over occasionally to plink.

So I'm out back a few weeks ago and realized I haven't shot my Beretta 96A1 (40 cal) in a while and decided to bring it out with my buddy. For some reason, I shot like absolute CRAP with it. It also felt uncomfortable. Probably since I've been shooting my PX4 much more (I'm also a somewhat new convert to polymer.. I USED to claim I'd NEVER buy a polymer handgun). I'm also not a huge fan of the 40 S&W round. I love 45 and love 9 so my wheels started turning.. Did I seriously consider trading in my beloved 96A1 for something else?? But what?? I considered a 45ACP PX4 Storm. So I went down to see what our locval store had and had a look at Sig P320, Beretta Storm in 45 ACP, HK VP9, an M&P in 45 ACP and then I saw the lonely CZ section with just a P07 and P09 sitting there hidden between some other obscure handguns and my first thought was "oh yeah... CZ..". Snagged the P09 the other day and instantly fell in love with it. I shot well with it right away.

The double action right away wasn't as smooth as my PX4, but that's something I know I can get used to or mod with CGW parts. The single action trigger was very nice and felt better than my Storm's. Somewhere in between my Storm and my 1911. But the feel of the gun is excellent. And the polymer CZ used feels much less "toyish" than the Beretta, which is my only real gripe about the Storm series.

Anyway, I rambled a little but am glad I found the forum and plan on participating and getting info about this and my future CZs. I'm fairly sure I just came to a Y in my path and this P09 may have been the start of breaking my Beretta bias! =)

Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
Re: Hey, from new CZ owner
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
Hey jmartin67, welcome to where the good stuff hides...

Make sure you try on (feel, if not fire) the CZ Rami BD with the extended mag (14+1 capacity) for what has for me been irreplaceable ergonomics.  As CZ's most compact offering (their only "subcompact") it is narrower, so more concealable, than a PX4 Storm, has a lower bore center and aluminum frame for less muzzle flip, night sights, legendary accuracy and reliability, and "real gun" looks.

I can't imagine being happier.

http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=5038.msg21273#msg21273
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81829.msg600234#msg600234 (Right click, Open in New Tab to see images)
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
Welcome!!! Don't be afraid to try all cz's!

Offline CatsEye

• Music City Tactical Shooters
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »
Welcome to the CZ life.
Speed without accuracy is wasted ammo.
Accuracy without speed is wasted time.
ToddG

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:21:07 AM »
Cgw has a bunch of good stuff to make that trigger very nice and crisp.