Author Topic: CCW of Choice  (Read 4480 times)

Offline BigEasy

CCW of Choice
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »

Hi fellas, it's been a while.  Life has been super busy for me the last few years. I bought a 75b back in 2012, and now I'm looking for a CCW that's powerful/accurate enough to exchange with bigger guns but also small enough to conceal on my person.  Unfortunately, the compact CZs look a bit large for easy concealment.  I've been looking at the S&W M&P Shield, the Kahr CW9, and the Ruger LC9s.  I'm leaning toward the S&W, but I thought I might ask the good folks of this board what they use for concealed carry before I make a purchase. 

I'm 5'10" and weigh about 160, so I can't have anything too large.  Appreciate any thoughts...

Thanks.

Offline jwinch2

Re: CCW of Choice
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »
I use the P-01 with a Stealth Gear holster.  If you are looking for something slightly less bulky, and don't care about having a rail on it, the PCR would be a great option. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDx3BtSHLwg

I made the mistake of going away from CZ once for a compact polymer gun.  I really didn't save much on weight, nothing on size, and the ergos weren't nearly as good as CZ.  I sold it in a few weeks and put an order in for a P-01 from Cajun Gun Works the next day. 

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 02:23:05 PM »
I like my CZ 75C for EDC.  It is much smaller and lighter than the 1911 I used to carry.  At first I was concerned about the weight of the 1911 but, I lost five pounds and was actually lighter with the gun on.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
If you are not going for the Rami or PCR, then I would probably suggest the S&W Shield. I just got one myself and its a great little carry gun. It doesn't have the ergos or the capacity of the CZ's, but it is smaller and lighter and easier to carry. Currently the Rami is my in car gun and the shield is my on body carry...I do switch that up on occasion tho...

CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline BigEasy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
If you are not going for the Rami or PCR, then I would probably suggest the S&W Shield. I just got one myself and its a great little carry gun. It doesn't have the ergos or the capacity of the CZ's, but it is smaller and lighter and easier to carry. Currently the Rami is my in car gun and the shield is my on body carry...I do switch that up on occasion tho...

Yeah, I was looking for something on the smaller side than the CZ compacts.  Does the shield work well as a pocket carry?

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 08:40:03 PM »
if you have big pockets, yes....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline HSLPCZ

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 06:18:00 AM »
Go to your LGS and put the shield in your pocket (if you can) if you're looking for pocket carry.  You will not be happy.  If you want to pocket carry, I would suggest an LCP Custom or the likes. If you like hammer fire, try the Sig p238 but even that is on the large side for pocket carry. (awesome gun)  I carry a LW Seecamp for summer pocket carry but mostly carry a Sig P938 SAS in a pancake OWB holster

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence"
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 10:23:03 PM »
Take a hard look at the CZ 2075 RAMI BD. 3" barrel, 15 rounds, Tritium Night Sights, totally concealable.  Peerless, imho.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=81829.0;topicseen
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »
I have a glock 27 that my uncle gave me when he retired 10 years ago,, I know it's not cz, lol. I do carry a p07 and a sp01 tactical  more these days with ease even in the Florida summers.