Author Topic: New P01 from CGW coming next week.  (Read 3061 times)

Offline jwinch2

New P01 from CGW coming next week.
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »
Most people who have been into guns for a long time have a story about a gun they got rid of that they shouldn't have.  Well, in a moment of weakness, I sold my P01 several months back, and regretted it almost immediately.  I got caught up in the hype surrounding the HK VP9, which is a good gun, but I realized that I didn't shoot it well.  So, after a short time, I sold that, and put the money into an order for another P01, this time from Cajun Gun Works with the Defensive Carry Package.  I had been wanting to get that package in my previous P01 for some time anyway, so I figured I might as well go ahead and just order from them to begin with this time around.

Anyway, the new gun will be arriving next week to my local FFL, and I am very excited about that.  Needless to say, I won't be making the same mistake twice. 

Offline Kolholznik

Re: New P01 from CGW coming next week.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:33:57 AM »
Most people who have been into guns for a long time have a story about a gun they got rid of that they shouldn't have.  Well, in a moment of weakness, I sold my P01 several months back, and regretted it almost immediately.  I got caught up in the hype surrounding the HK VP9, which is a good gun, but I realized that I didn't shoot it well.  So, after a short time, I sold that, and put the money into an order for another P01, this time from Cajun Gun Works with the Defensive Carry Package.  I had been wanting to get that package in my previous P01 for some time anyway, so I figured I might as well go ahead and just order from them to begin with this time around.

Anyway, the new gun will be arriving next week to my local FFL, and I am very excited about that.  Needless to say, I won't be making the same mistake twice.

How about an update?  How's your Cajunized P-01 shooting for you?

I think a lot of us have learned that same lesson the hard way.  I sold a pre-B CZ 75 I stumbled-across NIB at a gun show during the early 90's, when they were still relatively scarce few people had even heard of CZ.  I paid something like $375 for it but I was heavily into .45 ACP Sigs and 1911's at the time.  I shot it a couple of times and loved it.  A friend who was collecting CZ's eventually talked me out of it and that was the last time it happened.  CZ's are just too difficult to replace.  I'll never forget how that thing came in a fugly turquoise colored box, wrapped in brown wax paper (like a cut of beef) and packed with massive amounts of grease from the factory.  It took over an hour just to get it ready for its first trip to the range.

CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite