Author Topic: Are we on a path of destruction?  (Read 2894 times)

Online frgood

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 344
Are we on a path of destruction?
« on: May 10, 2016, 07:08:33 AM »
There is so much in the news today of shootings.It seems that the questionable event are the ones that get the big news coverage. There are many many news worthy cases of successful self defense every day but none make it into the large press.

Since the number of strong (loud) pro and anti advocates are in actually quite small, it seems that there is a media struggle to win the hearts and minds of the general population and the biasin reports seems slanted towards our downfall.

Is this our future? Is our fight only a matter of time? I am not talking about evangelism. Just simply swaying the popular sentiment a little more in our favor with the hope of being able to ease the reactionary pressure on lobbying.

Online chfields

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1455
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:48:11 AM »
That is because self defense and any other positive use of firearms does nothing to promote their anti gun propaganda. If you think its bad now, just imagine how much worse it will be if killary gets in the white house.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
Kadet Kit
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Online frgood

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 344
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:36:38 AM »
I was wondering what to do the pro gun advocacy do to promote a positive image. Sort of a preemption to the politics.

If the debate is really being contested between 5% of the population, where the remaining 95% are not involved directly, then what is our 2.5% doing to sway the general population prior to legislation?

Offline Dvrdwn72

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:05:41 AM »
This is why it's so very important to educate yourself with politics and vote. The political agenda is what gets the media going.

Online frgood

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 344
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:36 AM »
I disagree, partially.

while the press does have report on some politics, there is a lot to be said about direct involvement. Sports is shared event by event through word of mouth and social media. Anti gun activity is promoted to politicians by various groups of people. those that squawk loudest, and develop bills for introduction get politicians to propose legislation. This is where any opposition is called to action.  By then you are arguing from a contrary position regardless of the issue.

I am wondering if we should propose social thinking (i.e. acceptance) change among the masses as a tactic to quell the onslaught of proposed bills. Politically, I would like to see action to repeal outdated laws.

Offline Dvrdwn72

  • Global Moderator
  • Full Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 144
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:22:11 AM »
I wouldn't say the media has direct involvement,

Online frgood

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 344
Re: Are we on a path of destruction?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
My bad,  I meant 'direct involvement' being a personal activity where we, individually, take an active action. I used the term in contrast to the passive activity of waiting on politicians and judicial department providing some action (on our behalf).

Apologies for my lack of clarity.