Firearms and Gear > Product Testing & Accessory Reviews

75 B with Omega Trigger

(1/2) > >>

djw:
Recently saw the Omega model at a local gun show and wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it compared with the standard model. Saw it was a bit more "cost effective" and have been wondering if it was an advanced set up. I had one dealer tell me it eliminated the "camming" of the trigger that is common on the standard model. By this he explained the further pushing back of the trigger on a cocked 75B just prior to firing. Any input would be appreciated. TIA.

edshot:
This is a question I'm very interested in too. I want a standard-frame CZ75 as my second CZ, and I plan to home-tune it, as I've done with my PCR,which has the decocker trigger... a complex piece of work. I like the idea of the simpler Omega trigger but would like to see a user opinion as to the relative merits vs disadvantages of the two systems.

djw:
glad to see someone else interested but by and large there seems to be apathy about the omega model. hope your post stirs up some interest.
Best, Dave

Cantankerous:
I find the Omega  trigger to be quite superior to a standard CZ 75 trigger. The standard trigger has much more travel, can have quite a bit more grit and Stageiness to it, and tends to be a harder double action pull. I'm not sure why people don't think it's much of the Omega trigger but I love the cost.all you have to do is dry fire the SP – 01 then dry fire the oega version and you will see the difference.

edshot:
DJW and Cantankerous: That's the kind of info I was hoping to get. Anyone else have personal experience of both trigger systems? The Omega seems like a can't lose deal: a better trigger that's easier to manufacture and hopefully tune. I have to wonder about the fact that CGW doesn't have anything at all for the Omega trigger: is it good enough that it doesn't need any tune-ups, or is it difficult to improve? Can't be the latter if it's all that much simpler.  :rolleyes:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version