Author Topic: New to reloading - could use some advice  (Read 7537 times)

Offline sirgilligan

Re: New to reloading - could use some advice
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »
Not much of a leader apparently since I seem to need more help then most of our members. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:  for just about everything.

What!  :shocked: You are human? :huh: Next thing you are going to tell me that the election didn't go well too! :embarrassed:

bimmerland

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 04:30:45 PM »
          OK I'm just going to go ahead take my time, and get this working. Could still use a reference on who or whom has the cheapest components, either all at the same place or a couple places. I am going to need a lot, so I can get on with testing my CZ's and posting the results. Had to put it off for to long, and now I am going to finally get to do it.

Oh, almost forgot. I need them for .380, 9 x 18, 9mm, .40, .45, 7.62 x 25. Finding all that should be loads of fun. Thanks folks, now it's back to the press time.

Oh and one last (sure it is, and I'm Abe Lincoln :rolleyes: ). bimmerland, you mentioned a go/no go gauge for the brass. I know what it does and how it does it, but what is it, and where can I buy one? The only thing I have is a gauge for checking loaded ammo for IDPA and IPSC competition requirements.

A go/no gauge is really a headspace gauge.  I bought mine a Natchez.  http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=LY7832330

You can find them in many calibers.

bimmerland

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 04:43:40 PM »
          OK I'm just going to go ahead take my time, and get this working. Could still use a reference on who or whom has the cheapest components, either all at the same place or a couple places. I am going to need a lot, so I can get on with testing my CZ's and posting the results. Had to put it off for to long, and now I am going to finally get to do it.

Oh, almost forgot. I need them for .380, 9 x 18, 9mm, .40, .45, 7.62 x 25. Finding all that should be loads of fun. Thanks folks, now it's back to the press time.

Oh and one last (sure it is, and I'm Abe Lincoln :rolleyes: ). bimmerland, you mentioned a go/no go gauge for the brass. I know what it does and how it does it, but what is it, and where can I buy one? The only thing I have is a gauge for checking loaded ammo for IDPA and IPSC competition requirements.

A go/no gauge is really a headspace gauge.  I bought mine a Natchez.  http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=LY7832330

You can find them in many calibers.

If you have a friend that is an FFL have him sign up to be a dealer at https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/.  In my case I have a local that buys in bulk. Like several tens of thousands of bullets, primers, and powder. If you are interested in becoming a dealer yourself check these guys out.  The dealer site is http://72.32.90.5/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Reloading. Hope this helps.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »
           Wait. What? The election didn't go well? Obama is still President? OK now I need to stock up before all the ammo in the country is bought up, by the crazy people. Oh wait I am one of the ............ah never mind. Just ignore that last bit. No politics, on the forum, got it. My bad.  :grin: Hey, I'm human, I just don't admit to it very often, but I do admit to needing help, now and again, and No wise cracks about it being Mental help. :tongue:

bimmerland Thanks a lot for that advice. I'll call them tomorrow. I would become a dealer, if for no other reason than the amount of ammunition I'm going to need to actually start doing the test and evaluations on all the pistols while AVG does the reviews on Longguns and other things. I'll be doing reviews on holsters and grips also, and passing them around if I can even get any to review.

Up until now I have not accepted anything for free from anyone, other than Den for one modified loader for my Kadet, simply because I didn't want to feel like I was beholding to someone, and possibly color my review of the item, But, I have finally been persuaded to ask for stuff to test, by most of the members at one time or another during PM's and such. That and I am getting low on cash. Reality is a Witch. I have been a Straight Arrow for so long I had lost focus on what real life needs and circumstance dictated. Pride only goes so far, then if you are smart you ask for help and then take the advice given.

Thanks everyone, for your membership and help. This forum is one of the great ones, IMHO, it may be not the biggest, but it has the best members anyone group could possibly ask for.

One other thing. I totally get that to sell ammunition I have to have an FFL, but do I need one to buy it and or componets as a business, not doing resale?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:38:09 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline jonnie

• NRA Patron - LifeMember
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »
Hey GW, as I think you mentioned to someone else on another thread, we're all newbies at something at least once in our lives. I've been there more times than I care to think about. As far as leading, a GOOD leader knows when to ask for help/assistance/guidance and is not ashamed to admit when he is into something beyond his expertise.
Suck it up, Buttercup. It'll get better with practice. :tongue:
If you ain't havin' fun, you ain't doin' it right!

Then or now, Welcome Home Brother!

NRA Instructor, Red Cross Instructor -  CPR/AED/Wilderness/First Aid, WA Hunter Education Instructor, Washington Trails Assoc., Int'l Hunters Education Assoc.,